Opportunities for Individual Artists
Go to the Grant Applications page for access to the grant interface.
Individual Artist Grants
Competitive Individual Artist Grants are awarded to encourage the development of entirely original work by artists who are full-time residents of the SEMAC Region. Original creations in each of the five artistic disciplines – Dance, Literary Arts, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts, as well as interdisciplinary work, will be considered. The original work must culminate in a public showcasing or Capstone Event, via publication, performance, or exhibition, at an accessible venue provided by a non-profit organization. If in-person capstone events are not possible, virtual events will be acceptable.
- Individual Artists may apply for a $3,000 Emerging Artist Grant or a $5,000 Advancing Artist Grant
- Matching funds are never required for Individual Artist Grants.
- Grants to individual artists are taxable income. Consult a tax adviser if you have questions about taxable income.
- Both Individual Artist categories include designations for Equity Artists, those individuals who identify as BIMPOC, PWD, LGBTQIA2+, Veteran, Senior, and/or Culture Bearers.
- Two deadlines are offered per fiscal year – July 1 and January 9. Recipients of Individual Artist Grants who are in good standing are eligible to reapply every fiscal year.