Grants for Advancing Artists
The Advancing Artist category provides $5,000 in financial support to enable artists to further their work. It is intended to recognize, reward, and encourage outstanding individual artists in the region. An artist at this stage has created an independent body of work over a number of years and has received regional or statewide recognition of their work. Artists at this stage are often, but not always, committed to making a living as an artist, whether or not they are doing so. They may struggle with the balance of producing art and marketing their art. They usually have a well-defined audience and show their art locally, regionally, and perhaps nationally.
Artists from all disciplines are welcome to apply for a broad range of study or activities, including exploration of new directions or expansion of previous work.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on the Grant Deadline and not currently enrolled in high school.
- You must be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- You must have been a full-time resident of the SEMAC Region for at least six months and agree to reside in Minnesota for the duration of the proposed grant activity.
- You may not apply until all final reports from all previous SEMAC grants have been submitted and approved.
- You may not be enrolled full or part time in a related degree granting program when you apply or for the duration of the project. Contact the SEMAC office with questions about this restriction.