Our Next Deadline
The pandemic presents unique challenges to individual artists. Consequently, SEMAC has extended its grant opportunity for individual artists who can demonstrate a loss of essential artistic income due to the pandemic, but did not previously receive that same grant during Phase 1.
- To serve more artists in the SEMAC Region, awards will be $1,500 for loss of essential artistic income.
- Funds for Pandemic Relief grants will be released approximately sixty days after the application deadline.
- Projects and/or capstone events are NOT required for this grant.
This category is now open and will remain available until allocated funds are exhausted.
Go to the Grant Applications page for access to the grant interface.
FOR ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
Arts organizations with operating expenses of less than $174,000 are invited to apply for General Operating Support 2022-23. Although there is no set deadline, the application window opened July 1, 2021 and remains available only until allocated funds are exhausted.
- The SEMAC Board of Directors wishes to to strengthen and stabilize small and medium nonprofit arts organizations throughout the SEMAC Region by offering General Operating Support to offset administrative expenses.
- Once an Interim Report is submitted and approved after the first year, funds are automatically approved for the second year of a biennium.
- Matching funds are not required.
- Grantees are invited to reapply every biennium as long as they remain eligible.
Arts Organizations in the SEMAC Region are eligible for one-time $5,000 pandemic relief grants to keep their doors open during these unprecedented times. Funds may be requested for rent, utilities, or staffing needs. No programming costs or expenses already covered by general operating support grants or PPP loans are allowed.
- Funding is strictly limited. Equity Organizations, Culture Bearers, and organizations who do not receive funding from other major sources may be given first priority.
FOR ARTS ORGANIZATIONS AND OTHER NONPROFITS
The October 1, 2021 application deadline for arts programming proposals includes the following grant categories. Applications will be available on or before September 1.
This year matching funds are not required for these $5,000 grants. Equity Organizations and other nonprofits who offer arts programming are encouraged to apply. Arts organizations may receive $10,000 in the highly-competitive Legacy Grants category.