Our Next Deadlines
There is still have time to apply for Pandemic Relief Grants for working artists and culture bearers who can demonstrate a loss of essential artistic income due to the pandemic. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2021, or until funds are exhausted. Awards are $1,500.
Also, SEMAC announces a call for proposals by individual artists, to encourage the development of entirely original work by artists who are full-time residents of the SEMAC Region. The application window opens June 1 and the application deadline is July 1, 2021.
- Original creations in each of the five artistic disciplines - Dance, Literary Arts, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts, as well as interdisciplinary work- will be considered.
- The original work must culminate in a public showcasing or Capstone Event, via publication, performance, or exhibition, at an accessible venue provided by a non-profit organization. If in-person capstone events are still not possible, virtual events are acceptable.
- Specific requirements for Emerging Artists and Advancing Artists are outlined on the SEMAC website. Both Individual Artist categories will include designations for Equity Artists, those individual artists who identify as members of a BIPOC, PWD, and/or LGBTQIA2+ community, and Culture Bearers.
- Grants to individual artists are taxable income. Consult a tax adviser if you have questions about taxable income.
Organizations with operating expenses of less than $174,000 are invited to apply for General Operating Support 2022-23. Although there is no set deadline, the application window opens July 1 and remains available only until allocated funds are exhausted.
- The SEMAC Board of Directors wishes to to strengthen and stabilize small and medium nonprofit arts organizations throughout the SEMAC Region by offering General Operating Support to offset administrative expenses.
- Once an Interim Report is submitted and approved after the first year, funds are automatically approved for the second year of a biennium.
- Matching funds are not required.
- Grantees are invited to reapply every biennium as long as they remain eligible.
Go to the Grant Applications page for access to the grant interface.