Grant Opportunities for Individual Artists
Pandemic Relief for Working Artists
Phase 2 Pandemic Relief for Working Artists is still available. This category will remain open until allocated funds are exhausted. Individual artists who can demonstrate a loss of essential artistic income due to the pandemic, but did not previously receive that same grant during Phase 1, are encouraged to apply for these $1,500 grants. Funds for Pandemic Relief grants will be released approximately sixty days after the application is submitted. Projects and/or capstone events are NOT required for this grant.
Go to the Grant Applications page for access to the grant interface.
Individual Artist Grants
Competitive Individual Artist Grants are awarded to encourage the development of entirely original work by artists who are full-time residents of the SEMAC Region. Original creations in each of the five artistic disciplines - Dance, Literary Arts, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts, as well as interdisciplinary work- will be considered. The original work must culminate in a public showcasing or Capstone Event, via publication, performance, or exhibition, at an accessible venue provided by a non-profit organization. If in-person capstone events are still not possible, virtual events will be acceptable.
- Grants to individual artists are taxable income. Consult a tax adviser if you have questions about taxable income.
- All applicants must be age 18 or older on the grant deadline. Current high school students are not eligible.
- Individual Artists may apply for a $3,000 Emerging Artist Grant or a $5,000 Advancing Artist Grant
- Both Individual Artist categories will include designations for Equity Artists, those individual artists who identify as members of a BIPOC, PWD, and/or LGBTQIA2+ community, and Culture Bearers.
- Matching funds are never required for Individual Artist Grants.
- Recipients of Individual Artist grants are eligible to reapply annually as long as all previous grant activities have been completed.
- Two deadlines are offered per fiscal year – July 1 and January 10.